We spent time with all kinds of family celebrating lots of things, feeling all kinds of spoiled. Gifts for Flora. Gifts for Jane. We have the best families.
Not pictured: Earl and Donna's (Brad's grandparents) shared birthday party. It was fantastic.
We went swimming, and we went to the dinosaur museum.
One of us was blessed (not pictured) and got to meet lots of family.
One of us turned five.

We went hiking in Albion Basin and saw lots of wildflowers.
We took lots of pictures of my beloved Lone Peak and Little Cottonwood

and our beloved Utah Valley.
We visited my grandparents. They pulled out the India slides (from when they lived there in the 1960s) and we had a birthday cake for Jane and cousin Sean.
We met Jane's alter ego, Melissa.
On our last night, we had a barbecue at my aunt's house. The only thing better than the food was the company.
Back in Washington, we went to the city to remind ourselves why we are somewhat okay living so far away from so many loved ones. We checked out the market in Pioneer Square
and the gum wall in Pike Place.
One of us slept sweetly still.
One of us made this (it's kind of a big deal when I make stuff, haha.)

We played outside some more in the glorious August weather.
It was good to be back home with some time to get everything ready for the new school year.

2 comments:
I love the pictures from Utah. It sure is beautiful.
And Melissa sure is great, too. :)
Have I told you that I'm really enjoying your year in review? Because I am.
cross-eyed jane and melissa are too funny. we were so happy to be able to see you in august. thanks for sticking around so we could get together! love you guys!
Post a Comment