On Saturday we took my sister Cassie up to Snoqualmie Pass to hike up to Talapus Lake. It was a beautiful place. It was 4.5 miles round trip. Jane hiked about half of it, and we carried her and Grey for the rest.
There was still quite a bit of snow at the top (in July!). About 1/2 mile of the hike was in the snow.
When we got to the top, I tried to catch some trout but never got a bite. I was wading up to my knees, and Jane decided to join me. She told me that she wanted to go swimming, so we stripped her down and she climbed in. We sat down so the water was up to our necks a couple of times, and then we went under completely. Jane was not ready for this, but we convinced her that she was the bravest princess at the lake.
4 comments:
What a fun day! I am impressed that Jane walked for so long. It looked beautiful as well.
How fun! What a great thing to do as a family. Adorable pictures! I love the one of Grey up in the air.
What a fun hike! A little chilly... but I'm sure that was fun for the kids!
Does she really have curls? How cute. Grey is getting huge! How was your summer?
Post a Comment