Saturday, June 5, 2010

unexpected delivery.

june 7th. that was the debatable due date. we actually thought that date was on the early side. on tuesday (june 1), i had my 39 week appointment, and my doctor said i probably had a week to go. that sounded right to me.
brad went into work on monday and didn't come home until tuesday morning at 6am. he slept for a few hours and then went into work. the kids and i went up to ballard to hang out with a friend. on our way home we met up with brad the first renton farmers market of the season. i was exhausted, but decided to make pizza anyway. i had a lot of things to do before this baby could come.
last meal: pizza
last activities: making pizza, washing all the dishes (i fell behind over the weekend), watching "chuck" online with brad
contractions: began about 10pm, about 10 minutes apart. didn't think much of it--i had them off and on for an hour at a time the week before grey was born.
serious contractions: began around midnight. by 12.30 i asked brad for a blessing and we both started to get ready "just in case" we had to go to the hospital.
really serious contractions: by 1.45 we were nearly ready to call the relief society president (she offered to come stay with the kids if we had to go in the middle of the night) and head to the hospital.
about 2.30am: on our way to valley medical center. it was a dark and stormy night, truly.
the next couple hours were a blur of pain and trying not to look at the clock much.
by 4ish i had an epidural and some relief, finally. under normal conditions i probably would have laughed at the casual way the doctor was sitting on the arm of the sofa talking to brad while they waited for me to be ready.
4.32am--after maybe 10 minutes of pushing, she was here!
7 pounds, 10 ounces, 20 inches long
she cried enough to tell us she was fine, so they set her on my stomach while they cleaned her off. i've never been able to hold the new baby so soon. it was wonderful.
so for now there are no pictures here. sorry about that. we will fix it later, i just didn't want to wait anymore.

10 comments:

Rich said...

Congratulations you guys!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see her beautiful face and hear her name:) Yay for baby girls!

faith said...

How wonderful! I'm glad it all went so well. Congratulations to all of you! I'm excited to see all the love she's getting from big sister and brother. I bet they just love her.

Jill said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm glad everything went well for you guys, even if it was super unexpected.

Kayley said...

Yay! Babies are so precious! Can't wait for pictures--but take time resting and getting back to "normal". Take care! We love you guys!

Katie said...

Hurray!! Congratulations! I'm glad that everything went well and that you got your epidural. I can't wait to see her!

Ellis said...

Congrats :). She'll be playing with MultiBlocks before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm glad mommy and baby are well.

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I love her name, too :)

Brittani said...

Congrats, guys! She is precious! Let us know how three goes.