Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Phew.

I think it is safe to say that Jane had a great first day of school. One piece of evidence to this point: the worst part of her day was finding out Grey and I went to the "donut store" after we dropped her off. Hey, we needed a little pick-me-up: Grey didn't get to stay and play with the glorious toys in Jane's kindergarten classroom, and my eldest child has just started school. So that was two donuts for me.
Seriously, though, she had a good time. Her teacher seems great, her class isn't too big, and today she's excited to go back (we had a four day weekend).
I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I was trying to pack in so much before school started, and then there were just things going on, on top of the things we needed to do. Like buy Jane long pants--that weren't too long. (done and done.) And now we will settle into a routine, and the house isn't a complete disaster, and the sun is shining, and Flora sleeps through the night. It seems, for now, that life and I are going at the same pace. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
What was the best part of your long weekend?

5 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

I loved this post. You are such a great writer. I can't believe Jane is in kindergarten. I'm so glad she likes it.

Lindsey said...

I've been thinking about you today, wondering how day #2 of school is going. I am so anxious for Jenna to start, you'd think it was me starting school all over again :)
So I love hearing how it is all going for you, it gives me a little more peace of mind that everything will work out.
I am so glad everything is falling into place for you, enjoy!!

faith said...

Congratulations on all counts (especially, though, for Flora sleeping through the night. Really. That's big news.)! I'm glad to hear that school's going well for Jane.

Carolyn Ebert said...

oh, the start of school...makes me want a " bouquet of sharpened pencils"! (Name that film :)

Highlight of our labor day was a picnic at Red Butte Garden and Despicable Me. Brilliant film! Have you seen it?

Happy Kindergarten Jane! I'll bet money that you teach your teacher a thing or two!

Paul said...

Meg and Brad,
Your blog I think is my favorite to read. You both are so creative and your writing is flavorful. I like it. Keep up the fabulous work.