Fact 1: "The rhinosaurs make us sick. They are full of jaums *, hundreds of them." You know, the Rhinosaur--part rhinoceros, part dinosaur. If you see him, watch it! He will probably infect you with a sandpapery throat and an epic runny nose.

Fact 2: When we're sick, our mouths are full of "jaums." She learned about *germs from Charlie and Lola (hence the British accent when she speaks of them). Then she proceeds to look in the mirror and count them. She's obviously very scientific about all of this.

I'm not a fan of how anti-social we have been since the Rhinosaur infected us, but I'm sure his visit is nearing an end. Everytime we cough or sniff, the Rhinosaur looks bored. He doesn't even make eye contact with us when we ask him a direct question. I keep thinking one of these mornings we'll wake up and be halfway through with our pancakes and cereal before we realize he's not hunched over in the corner, breathing loudly through his nose. In the meantime, I don't mind having the excuse to make strawberry smoothies and watch movies with Jane. Just don't tell the Rhinosaur that.
5 comments:
Jaums! That is so funny. I hope you guys feel better though.
I'm not going to lie, I played the Charlie and Lola game.
You should hear her inflection when she asks, "Cup of tea?" That started at age two.
Hey so I found your blog through someone else's facebook page and since we went to high school together (I was a year ahead of Whitney) I now feel like a total stalker but I couldn't resist leaving a comment to let you know how much I loved the flash animation of your family. Great stuff :).
Haha! love the "jaums". I couldn't help repeating it over and over to myself just for fun. No wonder she likes saying it so much. :)
Dang rhinosaurs!! Are you kidding?? "Jaums"? And "cup of tea"? That girl's got a great ear. What a hoot!
Post a Comment