Jane was just having one of those days on Friday. She was exhausted and grumpy, so by dinnertime it didn't take much to set her off. She started bawling about something, and it reminded me of these
Jill Greenburg photos I've seen on various
design sites. I quickly grabbed our little point-and-shoot camera and took a shot. I thought it would be fun to try to reproduce.

My family reacted with shock and horror to see this garish depiction of sweet little Jane, but I like it. A lot of people think Jill Greenberg is a hack for relying so much on photoshop to create her images, but I think they are fun. I love her depictions of crying toddlers because they totally sum up the drama of over-tired kids.
Here's the original image
6 comments:
I like it. And I submit that it is both.
First reaction, shock. Second, I liked it. I agree it's a cool/different way of capturing their emotions. Poor sweet Jane. We understand those days all too well at our house :)
I vote both, as well.
Ummm... I'm gonna go with creepy. I think I may be too deep in toddler drama to really appreciate it right now.
looks like a Greenberg, so good job - also looks like a computer-animated humanoid, so I'm going with decidedly creepy. sorry...
I think I just can't stand seeing that she is crying. It makes my want to hug her. But she looks like she'll shatter. You did a good job though.
Post a Comment