Jane had a birthday (shout hooray!). That seems like a good place to go next. We made her birthday a family day. We surprised her with her present in the morning: a big girl bike.
Jane was a little scared at first (as she said she would be), but has since declared several times how much she loves her bike. This was Brad's idea and I'm so glad he followed through. Her girlie Schwinn has been a winner--a real Schwinner you might even say....
We dropped Grey off with friends so Brad and I could treat Jane to her first movie in a theater: UP.

Jane was a sport to wear her 3-d glasses. Her favorite parts: the funny boy and the funny dog. The bird was funny, too.
Dinner was a homemade pizza party with a chocolate berry cake.
Jane is her mama's girl--raspberries, strawberries, and chocolate. Yum.
I found Jane's birthday crown at Trophy and fell in love with it. I thought the tinsel made a great touch for a sparkly little girl's special day. Apparently Grey saw an opportunity to be a classic little brother and throw it in the toilet. At least he waited until we had taken pictures.


A few days later came Jane's other gift--her birthday party with a few four-year-old friends. As a tribute to her love of Mary Poppins and Lola, we celebrated with a tea party.


The tea party was complete with friends, tissue paper hats, paper fans, and food: "Tea" (lemonade), petit fours, finger foods, and cupcakes. I was so glad to have grown-up friends there to help too (thanks Lindsey and Diana!)plus more friends who were willing.


Favors: each girl kept her tea cup, with cookies (above), rings, hat, fan, and two honey sticks--raspberry and strawberry.
Jane has such thoughtful friends. It was fun to watch them follow each other around our apartment, laughing and playing together.


If her birthday celebrations are any indicators, I think Jane is going to have a great year.
And probably a silly year, too.
8 comments:
That was such an adorable party! You did a fantastic job :) I love that my child is the one with the fan in front of her face!!
Love the silhouette of Jane on the invitations and party favors, what a cute idea! I'm sure we'll steal it at some point.. :)
how fun!!i'm sure jane enjoyed it!you guys are so creative.not to mention what a great and fun parents you are.happy birthday to jane!!
Jelena
Ooooohhhhh, so sweet! A tea party! You are so creative, Meg. And how fun that she got to go to a movie. You are such a good mommy!
I love the invitations and the whole party idea. What a fun birthday!
The decor is so artistic! Love it. Looks like she had a wonderful time :)
"Schwinner!" You crazy kid.
I love what you did for Jane's party. That is so sweet. And the silhouette design is characteristic of the awesomeness I have come to expect from the Singley household. Brilliant.
oh so fun and adorable! love to see you enjoying motherhood :D
Post a Comment