"Day-doo, daddy. Day-doo, mama."
Anytime we do anything for her, either parent, that's what she says. We are not sure where she learned the tone, but she is seriously sweet when she says it. And she knows when to say it. She says "day-doo" (thank you) when I open the door for her or hand her a glass of milk. She says "day-doo" to Brad when he changes her diaper or gives her a blackberry. I'm telling you, it does not get any better than your two-year-old thanking you for giving her a banana. "A big [bite]!" (then, holding her fingers close to indicate something small): "tiny baby."
We were eating a bedtime snack of yogurt and fruit and she actually let me feed her with a spoon. I brought a spoonful of yogurt to her mouth and she said, "A big!" translation: big bite. And she wanted a small bite, or a "tiny baby," which she said, showing how small with a finger gesture. All her bites were smaller after that.
"Ohld you!"
It looks like a typo I know, but that's the best way I can think of to write how she says "hold you," translated: "hold me." We heard her say this a lot at the beach last week--she hated how the sand felt and would stick to her skin.

Jane warms up to the sand, Manhattan Beach.
She also said it several times this morning as we wandered through Fred Meyer. Why?
"Okay."Jane warms up to the sand, Manhattan Beach.
She also said it several times this morning as we wandered through Fred Meyer. Why?
"I'm fold!"
Translation: "I'm cold!" It was chilly this morning anyway, and especially by the produce. And the refrigerated sections are spread throughout the store.
It comes out differently for specific situations. I'll say to her, "Jane, please don't climb on top of the couch," and she will climb down saying, "OHkay." This is the submissive, slightly disappointed, demur okay. Then I'll say to her, "Jane, I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back," and she'll say, "Okay." This is the nonchalant, "thanks for telling me" okay. She is often very agreeable.
That is a sample of what this little girl says. She is a little parrot lately, though. Maybe we'll give Will Ferrell a run for his money when she costars with Steve Carrell as his, um, boss? Just kidding, but we realize we have to be careful what we say in front of her. And we are figuring out ways we can use this power for good.
As for Junior, which is what I call the fetus most of the time, there isn't as much to report yet--obviously. So far all I can really say is this kid is pretty active already--I've felt rolling and poking for nearly a month. And I'm craving a lot of spicy food this pregnancy--I'm talking Thai food everyday, lunch and dinner. Or Indian. Or Mexican. So many tempting spicy options.
Disclaimer: the Will Ferrell link is a little irreverent. As with any link you actively click on, clicking is optional.
That is a sample of what this little girl says. She is a little parrot lately, though. Maybe we'll give Will Ferrell a run for his money when she costars with Steve Carrell as his, um, boss? Just kidding, but we realize we have to be careful what we say in front of her. And we are figuring out ways we can use this power for good.
As for Junior, which is what I call the fetus most of the time, there isn't as much to report yet--obviously. So far all I can really say is this kid is pretty active already--I've felt rolling and poking for nearly a month. And I'm craving a lot of spicy food this pregnancy--I'm talking Thai food everyday, lunch and dinner. Or Indian. Or Mexican. So many tempting spicy options.
Disclaimer: the Will Ferrell link is a little irreverent. As with any link you actively click on, clicking is optional.
No comments:
Post a Comment