Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Conversation with Jane

Jane is growing up fast. Here's a sample conversation we just had.
Jane: "Hey mom, you know the pencil, the one like my dress? The blue one?"
Me: "Yeah?"
Jane: "Can I draw with it?"
Me: "Sure."
(I try to hand her a blue pencil. She doesn't take it.)
Jane: "No, the one like my dress."
Me: "The light blue one?"
Jane: "Yeah."
Me: "Okay."
(I hand her the light blue pencil.)
Jane: "Mom, wanna sit by me?"
Of course I do, Jane. Of course.

4 comments:

faith said...

isn't that great? right now we're still at single words for benny (words that only his parents understand). it's amazing, though, how quickly they grow up.

Brandon and Natalie said...

So cute! I can't believe how big she is!

b-ryce said...

that is very cute! I love being a parent!

Greg and Tammy said...

Duh Mom! Your pencil just simply MUST match your dress. :) Hope you guys had a great time in Utah.