Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ridge to River



My co-workers and I participated in the Ridge to River relay a few weeks ago In Wenatchee. It involves cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, running, biking, and rowing. One of my co-workers arranged for us to stay at a boy scout camp the night before the race. It was a blast. We stayed up late playing cards and eating.

The morning of the race was gorgeous.



The cross-country leg was first. I had been laying on the trash talk pretty thick, so I HAD to beat my buddy Jaron. I ended up barely beating him, coming in 5th out of 18 (not anything to write home about, but pretty satisfying nonetheless).



The other team ended up passing us on the downhill leg. They stayed ahead for the rest of the race. Fortunately, we both beat the FEMA team. That was all my boss was concerned about. We had a great time. It made me realize what a cool office I work in. Hopefully there will be more opportunities for us to pry ourselves away from our computers and play outside.

5 comments:

Brianne said...

That's cool! My dad used to race in that one. You guys should do Ski-to-Sea up in Bellingham.

Kelsey said...

Hey, I was going to say the same thing as Brianne! The Ski-to-Ski race is bigger and cooler, you should do it next year.

Susanna said...

Hey. You commented on my blog about the joy that is Magnus. Are you related to the Glenn Singley from Santa Clarita? What a crazy small world, my husband GK grew up with the Singleys.

Greg said...

Well done!

Ellis said...

way to go! that sound like a great time and very rewarding.

I like that you've used your little head moving flash thing.