Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Library is my Favorite and is my Best

I'm a huge fan of libraries, and the county system here is amazing. I have found nearly everything I've wanted to read, see, or listen to, and can have it delivered to the branch just uphill from our cozy apartment. Getting things from the library is like going on a shopping spree without bring extra clutter into my house (we own enough books) or more importantly, without spending any money.
A few recent Singley finds at the library include:


Charlie and Lola on DVD (volume 5 is currently waiting for us, hooray!)

Musicophilia
by Oliver Sacks
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert Pirsig
The Magnificent Seven on DVD (an excellent western based on Kurosawa's Seven Samurai)


The Belly Button Book by Sandra Boynton

Snow White
by Laura Ljungkvist (This is Jane's all-time favorite book)
What do you find at your library?

6 comments:

hanner said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! How exciting you have another cute baby... it's good to hear from you!

Lindsey said...

Jenna loves Charlie and Lola as well!! She tells me that everything is her favorite and her best!
Right now Jenna's favorite book is Pajama time by Sandra Boynton!
I completely agree with you about our library system! We have really enjoyed it. we have a special spot for library books on her book shelf and it is never empty!! I also love that you can renew your books online!

Greg and Tammy said...

OOOH!! I love the library too! I can't wait until Emma is old enough to go to their story times. Your books look like fun! BTW, I love the little Brad image who's head follows the mouse. Very clever! Those Sunday pics are darling! Greg and Jane are absolutely precious. I love that she calls people her best friend at church. That is too cute.

Greg said...

What a great start the kids are getting, and what a great ride you're still on :-=)

Jessica Brown said...

Hey Sweet blog guys! I love the library system too! What would a stay at home mom do with out good books? I really don't know!! :) Cute pictures below too!

Katie said...

Because we have a big creaky stroller, I basically run through and grab any books that look like they will be interesting for the boys, while they are sudo-quiet. The branch by our house is really small and absolutely silent, so we stand out like, well, toddlers in a library. I like to order books ahead of time and just pick them up all at once. It's nice, but I miss the browsing.