This is Jane's last year home with Grey and me before she starts kindergarten. I have mixed feelings about that. I am excited to see her learn and grow more, but happy that I can keep her with me for a lot of our time this next year.
Fall is a great time for trying new things. Since we're not too busy yet, we decided to give Jane some new experiences this year. This season: dance. Today was her first day of Ballet.
waiting for her class to begin
I was able to watch most of her class through the window. There are six girls total in the class. It was fun to stand in the hall with the other families, watching and smiling and laughing. I wonder if we were all thinking the same thing--that we want our girls to do well, to listen, to be graceful. I noticed what came easily to Jane and what didn't. I noticed as they were all lined up, ready to skip across the floor, that Jane is the shortest one. And her leotard is too big. I'm not entirely sure she can touch her toes. And her hair--curls. Standing there, watching her, I just felt happy, and lucky that I get to know this darling little firecracker. I love our Jane. She is ours.
Jane's verdict: it's fun. She wants to wear her shoes everywhere. She loves twirling and skipping. She may want to be a ballerina when she grows up.
Or she may still choose to be a princess and a builder.
6 comments:
So cute!! I'm so glad she had fun :) It is fun watching them learn new things. We'll have to get the girls together for a little dance party, plus another chance to wear their shoes :)
I have those same feelings about Kindergarten. I know she's ready for it, but I'm not so sure if I am.
She looks absolutely adorable as a ballerina.
She looks adorable in her new dance apparel. Just reading what your write about Jane, it seems that dance would be right up her ally. How fun!
Love the pictures. What fun! The era of dance classes... all that I have to look forward to.
I don't think it matters how old they are, watching them grow is always a battle between excitement to see them learn things and a little bit of sadness to know things will never be quite the same again. I can't believe that this is my last year of having Sirie home - next year she will be off to BYU (hopefully!) and I will officially be an empty nester (unless Micah stays longer, or someone moves back in again....) I miss my little children but I love my young adults and grandchildren!
oh,fun adventures ahead! it just gets better and better :) thanks for sharing jane and gray with us!
oh, be sure to save those first little ballet shoes for a keepsake.
Post a Comment