General Conference comes with other traditions too. The most notable in our family: Sunday lunch consists of egg salad sandwiches and chocolate milk shakes. If I remember correctly, this goes back to when Brad's dad was growing up. People scoff at the combination--egg salad? Chocolate? But really, the two pair together quite nicely. We don't do anything crazy like dip the sandwich in the shake. This time around I might mix it up a bit, try a Nutella shake, or pumpkin. On second thought, I will probably save those as an excuse to make shakes more often than this weekend.
Do you have any traditions for General Conference? What do you look forward to?
6 comments:
You nailed them :)
Mm. Do the Nutella. We're making some as I type.
that sounds fun. i miss the crepes that my family does every conference. simple - just filled with cinnamon sugar. we don't have our own traditions yet.
you know MY vote is Pumpkin! I am obsessed with this recipe!! :)
PS I am really ready for conference too.
sunday conference in our pajamas with conference bingo for gabriella, plus a big breakfast of crepes w/nutella and strawberries.
(speaking of nutella, you should see how Katharina downs that stuff. now that i think of it-probably worthy of a blog entry!)
i dvr all sessions of conference, then use individual talks for fhe in the months to come.
right now we're in st. george and will be driving home on sunday, so it will be a bit different this year...
Dang. I wish I had read this earlier today and concocted a way to break our computer so we would have had to call the Singley's and ask if we could watch conference at their house...while eating delicious homemade chocolate shakes.
Post a Comment