Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Red Balloons and Dahlias

I had this idea for a photo shoot back in January: the kids each pose with red balloons, one per year. Brad had borrowed a DSLR from our good friends, and while he was at work, I ran away with the camera. I will have to redo Grey's shots due to a miscommunication I had with the camera.
Here is Jane in her four-year-old glory.

DAHLIAS




I love dahlias. We found a lovely you-pick farm in North Bend. Jane had a hard time selecting from all the pink and red ones. Grey wanted to climb the fence and fill his pockets with gravel. They held still long enough for a few pictures.



4 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Love all the pictures! The red balloon pictures turned out so cute!! It also looks like the you pick garden was a blast. Your kids are so cute!

Greg and Tammy said...

WOW! Impressive shots Meg!! Of course, it doesn't hurt that your "subjects" are darling! :)

Ellingsons said...

The red balloons is such a creative idea and those flowers are beautiful. I love that you guys are already in long pants and shirts and it's only September 1st...just like us!

kathy w. said...

I love the balloons idea! Brilliant. And so adorable.