There is so much to post about the kids! They are so funny and adorable. Right now they are both sleeping--Grey is taking a late nap after bikes this afternoon and Jane fell asleep after slamming her finger in the folded step-stool.
I have to share this really fast though. One of our friends started a blog where she is sharing her journal entries from 1995. And it is the most endearing, brave, funny thing I've seen in a while. I've been going through my own papers and thought I would share this, in part as a tribute to our friend and her bravery, and in part because it cracked me up. I wish I could say it was fourteen years ago.
5/12/01
I feel like I need to change, outside in, inside out.
I graduate in 29 days.
I want to feel love.
I don't want to rush into anything.
I will learn to golf.
I should pick up my guitar again.
I really like honey.
Coming this week: the Primary Program, Thanksgiving, Random posts about the kids.
June Lately...
4 weeks ago
6 comments:
I think there is a fine line between brave and stupid and I'm not sure which side of it I'm on. But I'm really glad you are enjoying it. It is fun to look back at myself from a different perspective and to see the humor of the situation. :) I wish I had more entries like yours: concise, powerful without being too emotional, fun. Alas!
Wow. That is pretty brave. I like the stream of consciousness style of your journal. And you were right, honey is great.
haha. lizzie, i could never do what you are doing. i wish i had more entries like this one too :)
I always get a good laugh from thinking about the last part of senior year-- everything seemed so serious and important. I suppose it was then. I didn't know you love honey or that you wanted to learn to golf. Did you?
I took a golf class at BYU. and I do still love honey. that was actually a new discovery when I wrote that journal entry.
just think. that was about 3 months before i met you. no wonder i liked you =)
Post a Comment