Tonight is a big night for a lot of people, as is this weekend. A date they have looked forward to for months, maybe even longer. And here it is, finally! November 20 is upon us!
I will not be going to see the Twilight movie this weekend.
I have nothing against Twilight, exactly, and definitely nothing against its followers. Some of my best friends will be among the throngs who turn out this weekend, showing their support for Team Jacob or Team Edward. But I have never read the books, and I don't really intend to. I may end up seeing this movie (I did see the first one at a friend's house, which is where I learned what the teams mean), but probably not.
So to those of you who are going to the movie this weekend, have fun! It looks much better than the first (bigger budgets and different directors can have that affect). And good luck cheering for your team.
I have to ask this, though: is there anyone else out there who will not see New Moon this weekend, or perhaps ever? Do you have other fun plans instead? I would like to invite you to my house for a party, though I can't promise a unifying theme or matching shirts or anything like that. What will you be doing this weekend?
PS--One of my favorite amusements this month was finding out Taylor Lautner is dating Taylor Swift. For some reason I get a kick out of celebrities who date another celebrity with the same first name.
PPS--Are you going this weekend? Are you psyched? Because if you are, I want to hear that, too. I'm not trying to leave anyone out here--I am just curious who's excited and who is not.
June Lately...
4 weeks ago
15 comments:
I wish I could come to your party. I am in the wrong Washington.
I wish I could come, too. Alas, we also live on the wrong side of the country.
I doubt I will ever see any of the Twilight movies or read any of the books. Unless I have a daughter someday and she gets into them or something like that.
Amen, my sistah. I read the books, more for something to do and to find out what all the hype was. I will not go into any detail, because many of my friends would disown me, but I did not enjoy the books. I finally watched Twilight for the first time the other day, and it was at least as dumb (if not dumber) as I thought it would be. I will not be among the throngs, as I will be doing something more enjoyable (I will figure that out later).
I won't be going. I didn't even know it was this weekend... I did read the books several years ago, but didn't get caught up in the "hype." We are having our family's Thanksgiving party this weekend.
I won't be going this weekend, but probably will next week with my sisters-in-law, I'm ok with the series, but not die-hard enough to want to deal with crowds or stay up late... If Daniel is doing well, I'd totally be up for a party!
Well, I am not going to see the movie this weekend. I did see the first one, but not for a long time after it came out on DVD and Morian's sisters really wanted me to see it. I have read all the books, and own them, too. I like them. I will probably eventually see New Moon, but not until it is out on DVD, unless someone is willing to shell out the dough for me to see it in the theater. The end! Have a fun weekend whatever you do! I'll be watching the BYU vs Air Force game and going to Harrison and Tanner's high school play "Beauty and the Beast." Did you hear about that? Harrison is playing Gaston. Gotta love it! P.S. I wanna see your new hair cut!
Here Here!! I'm not a fan and would love to come to your party!! Have any extra plane tickets lying around?
Ok here is my take on the whole thing. I enjoyed the twilight series i never read them, i listened to them on audiobook while I had to commute an hour one way to my client's site everyday for two weeks. I was excited when the movie came out for twilight. I was there opening night and then that is where it stops. The screenplay, actors, etc were horrible and was laughing at it because it was such a joke. I was shocked to find so many people who loved the movie. Ew. Won't see the sequel, i will just enjoy the series on audiobook.
I think my favorite part of watching the movie with my friends, was that while they were into the story, they were also laughing hysterically at some parts--like when Edward glitters in the sunlight. I am thinking of them now as they might be entering the theater to see the show. Have fun girls!
I would suggest that the rest of us do some sort of online party thing, but that just starts to sound like throwing a party to sell a computer operating system. Hey, if I'm going to offend anyone, I may as well go for broke ;)
boy would i love to attend your party, meg. we could at least do a 2-second video chat so i can see your new haircut! :) one day we'll see each other again. i'm sure of it!
i haven't read any of the books and i'm not planning on it. my oldest sister did when she was working with the young women. she thought the ideas expressed about what love is were not what love actually is. i'm sure they're not horrible, just not my cup of tea.
as far as weekend plans go, i'm not sure i know what those look like anymore. :) i'm just glad to have spencer home for dinner tonight; whether he has to study after is unknown, but having the husband and father for a meal is fabulous!
and i think you've read this before since it was written by a mutual friend, but this is pretty much the extent of my twilight reading. :)
sorry. that link didn't work. try here.
I'm not particularly proud that I am going to the movie this week. I read the books after getting talked into it by a friend who loves Harry Potter as much as I do. And I hated them. Stupid Bella! But alas, I watched, Twilight and now, with that same friend, be seeing New Moon this weekend. I hope it's better than the first! But never as good as Harry Potter!!
I'm adding my two cents in :)
Yes, I was one of those at the theater last night at 12:01. And yes, the movie was way more enjoyable than the first.
The whole series is just fun for me. It is something I get to enjoy with my younger sisters, mom, aunts, cousins and friends. Plus, its good to stay out all night every once in awhile, right?
I was so glad that you watched the first one on DVD with us. Here's to hoping we'll talk you into watching the second when we have our DVD party again :)
PS thanks for the text last night, loved your timing!
Hahahaha.....you crack me up! We'll totally see it. Didn't care for the first one but this one looks better. I really enjoyed the books and hope to love at least one of the movies. But then again, I'm a sucker for teeny-bop movies. Not sure why. Maybe it's the good old fashioned innocence. But, we'll probably wait several weeks for it to die down. Or, we may not even waste the money on a babysitter and will wait until it comes out on DVD.
So this weekend? Wish we were there to hang out with the Singley's....but instead we'll pack. Darn.
Aw Twilight. That time sucking literary catastrophe. I've read them all. And highly enjoyed the actual reading process. Until it was over and then I just felt kinda silly. So, I read them again.
I think I'll probably see New Moon eventually, because I'm intrigued by the idea of Chris Weitz as director. But, I didn't even realize it was coming out till everyone was saying how much better it was than the first. I'm so out of the loop.
Post a Comment