Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New York, New York!


Can I just say I really like my doctor? I liked him before, but I loved his reaction when I told him about our trip to NYC. He was so excited for us, especially when he found out we get to go away for a couple of days without the kids. I was so worried I wouldn't get the go ahead with the timing, but we are good to go. I am so excited! We don't know what we're going to do yet, exactly, besides buy dinner for some good friends who live there (wink, wink) and check out a couple museums. This will be our first trip there--actually, it will be the farthest east I have ever been. Any tips for dealing with east coast dwellers? (just kidding). I can't wait to tell you about my first taxi ride, too.
Anyone have recommendations? Favorite things to do? Favorite Indian restaurants? (How's that for specific? haha) Please share.

10 comments:

faith said...

That's wonderful! What a great doctor. :)
If you have a chance, I recommend the Frick Museum (www.frick.org - sorry no link). It's an amazing collection Henry Clay Frick left to the public. That's one of the things I remember most from my one trip there.
Have a wonderful time!!!

Kami said...

I saw Dr. Brown in the hall at the doctors office today, and he looked like he was in a good mood, I guess I was right. I am so excited for you to have this wonderful getaway!

jamie t. said...

I am so happy for you both that you'll have a get-a-away together, especially before that baby comes!

Morgan said...

how exciting! when are you guys coming out to NY? meg, i know you don't know me (childhood family friend of brad and the rest of the singleys), but if you guys are going to be out here before the end of april and need a place to stay, let me know.

we have no recommendations for good indian food as we have yet to find anything that compares with provo's bombay house. seriously. central park is a must (row boats, or just walking around). see a broadway show. walk across the brooklyn bridge. there is a tim burton exhibit at the moma, but i think it closes in april sometime. crumbs cupcakes. top of the rock is super cool. 5th avenue shopping. FAO schwartz & apple store. temple. the met. the list goes on and on. there is oh so much to do!!

hanner said...

so excited for you guys. when are you going? robbie and i are taking the bolt bus up there at the end of the semester (yay!!) from april 30th to may 2nd and we've never been either! expect a similar post from me soon. and if you guys go before we do then i expect a full report.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to NY so I don't have any good advice - except enjoy it! I'm so happy for you and Brad. I hope you have a fabulous time.

Deja said...

Congrats! On the win AND the trip. Sam and I loved the Whitney museum. Above all others, perhaps. But really, it's all good. Enjoy!

Katie said...

Hurray! That's so awesome1 congrats again on winning. You guys are so awesome!

Swenson Family said...

Yay! When are you going? We used the 1 day "New York Pass" Which was one price to get into a bunch of things. We took in the sights and did all of the free stuff one or two days, then all the things that cost one day. If you do the pass, Madame Tussaud's wax museum is pretty cool.

Carolyn Ebert said...

i love new york. i would say walk, walk, walk, but i'm not sure an expectant mommy has it in her so close to the delivery date. every neighborhood has its own distinct flavor and the best way to experience them is walking. my favorite? across the brooklyn bridge for pizza, then back into manhattan. simply stunning. the met is a must. it just is. moma and the guggenheim- yes, yes, yes. central park-shakespeare's garden, the penguins at the zoo, and strawberry fields to pay homage to lennon. a broadway show with dinner at joe allen. the empire state building. 5th avenue-tiffany's. st. patrick's cathedral and rockefeller center. yankees game. people watching in washington square park. sunset circle line cruise around the island and times square, oh so tourist. the list could go on forever. one minute you're admiring the arquitecture of the dakota, then steve martin crosses central park west right in front of you. you get up early for a today show concert to find brad pitt is making a movie in the early hours on 5th avenue. then uma thurman is eating in empire diner, chelsea, two tables away from yours. who knew i would be so starstruck? there's no place like it. the landscape is reminiscent of so many movie moments. you'll recognize them from every angle and be fully entertained without spending a dime. i love new york. i bet you will too.