Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Want to go to There.

I was looking through pictures for a new desktop background when I came across this:

As excited as I am for fall things (pumpkins! Halloween! Apples and Pears! Leaves!) and winter things (Holidays! Snow! Warm sweaters! Hot chocolate and homemade marshmallows!) I still really wish I could step into this picture, Mary Poppins style. The photo is from our day trip to Westport last year, when my parents were in town and it was 90 degrees on Washington's Pacific Coast (which is a really big deal). It was a lovely day, spent watching our birthday buddy surf, and watching Brad surf, and watching 4 little kids play in the sand and run away from the waves (after getting knocked down by a doozy).
Also I miss my husband, who is furiously working on a film for this. Good luck husby. I'm going to sleep now, listening to the rain. Apparently we have really loud rain gutters, or else it's raining really hard.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Meg you are making me homesick! There really is no better sound to fall asleep to than rain. Good luck to Brad and the video project!

Shelbi said...

I hear ya, nothing beats looking out at the vast openness of the sea, and thats in any weather conditions, add to that warmth and sun and nothing compares. I love the photo.