I put up some IKEA shelves and painted some canvases for them. The large print is a poster we found.
A few photos printed on our cheap-o printer and some more canvases.
We got some huge canvases to place above the sofa. I don't have any oil paints, so I had to use my watercolors (hint: canvas is water resistant, so watercolors were not a very good idea). I am a huge fan of Helen Frankenthaler, so I was excited to try some of her techniques. She uses very wet medium with tons of pigment and lets the colors run across the canvas and pool.
Since the canvas was water-repellent, my colors were never going to bleed into it. I eventually had to use very concentrated color straight out of the tube. The result: Rothko meets Monet. Who am I kidding? Its more like Martha Stewart meets JoAnn's Craft and Fabric. Nowhere near fine art, but it was fun just the same.
Here are some Plexiglas frames that I made a few years ago when I used to make fish tanks for a living. The pictures are from a Frank Lloyd Wright calendar.
6 comments:
yet again, brad, you astound me. first the video, now the decorating. i'm sure meg has been learning a lot from you.
Wow, brad, that is quite the home decorating. You have always been a good artist, now you can finally display your artwork in your own home. It looks great!
Thanks guys, but Meg is the one doing the teaching. If you would believe it, I used to hate modern design. I always thought that it was very sterile and cold for a home, but Meg opened my eyes to mid-century modern.
Wow it looks great. I really like your art. How much do you charge???
Gorgeous! I had no idea you had this talent!
These pictures are really cool. I think your apartment looks great. But, I want you to give the people what they really want: more pictures of Jane! Videos are acceptable as well--maybe even preferred. Get on it, will you?
Post a Comment