Sunday, February 10, 2008

We Smoked Him Out

On Friday night Meg decided to make some indian food. We are aware that there is no proof that spicy foods induce labor, but she threw in two very potent jalapenos just in case. Apparently it worked.

We got to the hospital at 9:15 am, and we were holding him at 11:20 am (Meg is incredibly efficient at having babies).



This is Grey Bradford Singley.



Here he is taking a little nap.



The birth center at the hospital was gorgeous. Great modern design everywhere.



Our friends the Fletchers and the Jergensens were kind enough to watch Jane while we were there. We were anxious to see how Jane would react to the new baby. She handled it very well.

23 comments:

Paul said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Loved the video.

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Both your kids are so adorable! It's so fun to see Jane's reactions to her new baby brother. We are so happy for you - it will be fun to watch him "grow up" on your blog. We look forward to meeting him some day and to see Jane and both of you again - I hope it will be soon! We had a nice visit with your parents last night - your mom looks great. So do you, Meg! I hope you can get some rest with those two cuties around ALL DAY! Enjoy them both. Congratulations!

Denise Stears said...

Yeah!! That is so precious. He looks so good. Jane just loves her little brother already, I love hearing her talk to him. Congrats!! How big was he? I can't believe how fast the labor and delivery went. You are so lucky Meg. And you look great too.

Brianne said...

Congratulations, he's beautiful. I loved the video, that was seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

b-ryce said...

Thats awesome! Almost exactly one week after Lucas was born. Congrats!

Kelsey said...

congratulations!! I can't believe how fast you were Meg, you're amazing!

Tamara said...

Congrats on the new little guy. He is beautiful!

Katie said...

Ah! Adorable! Congratulations! How big was he? And you did look great, Meg. Looks like Jane is going to be really good with him. I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

faith said...

what a cutie! congratulations to all of you.

jamie t. said...

Congratulations!!! I'll have to remember the indian food trick in the future. He is beautiful :)

Kirsta and Morian said...

Congrats Meg and Brad (and Jane!) He's so cute, just like Jane said! I absolutely loved that video! Jane is awesome! Meg, you look good, you really do! Have fun enjoying your new baby!

Ellingsons said...

Yeah, how exciting! Meg went into labor, the delivery was quick, Mom and baby look great...I think that's proof enough that spicy food is good for something. By the way, Jane is just too cute!

Becky said...

YAY! Congratulations! He's adorable.

Lindsey said...

Congrats again! Gray is so cute!! and I just love the video, so so sweet! We sure had a fun sleep over party with Jane! :) Please let us know if we can borrow Jane for an afternoon so you can get some rest!! Jenna would love it!

Jessica Brown said...

Congradulations Brad and Meg! Jane is so cute in this! "He's kinda krinkly". That was my favorite line! It seems like she is pretty excited about him. Let us know what we can do to help! After all, we are just around the River BEND!

Jodie said...

Congratulations! Loved the video; what a sweetheart Jane will be to Grey. So fun!

Smelsha said...

My goodness, he is one BEAUTIFUL baby! And to hear Jane talk so lovingly to and about him is enough to make any first-time mother want to become a second-time mother. What a wonderful family you have, congratulations! Wish I could be there to lend a helping hand (I was thinking about you guys the other day and I apologize I didn't offer any help with Jane in Provo. I didn't realize how much work it was until I had my own.)!

. said...

Congrats you guys! and i feel like jane's vocab has grown exponentially since i saw you guys last.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new son! Jane is going to be a good big sister. That was a fun video.

Cheeler said...

Congrats, guys! Beautiful baby.

Shelbi said...

That was a precious video. What a sweetie! I'm anxious to hear your birht details... I'm glad that things went fairly quickly! Congrats!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby! I love the video! You can tell Jane will be a great big sister.

Greg and Tammy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And way to push that baby out so quickly MEG!! That is amazing. He is so handsome and Jane is so cute with him!! Good luck with these next few weeks... I know how arduous they can be. :) Can't wait for Grey and Emma to meet!