We had a festive tres de Mayo party in our ward, complete with delicious mexican food, music, a pinata, and an inflated bounce house. A good time was had by all.
I especially like "A good time was had by all." Meg knows that passive voice drives me nuts. We see this phrase pop up all the time. We don't understand why.
I think it must be used by...ahem...I think English teachers must use it as an example of bad passive voice, but apparently students think it has a nice ring to it.
3 comments:
Wow. I completely missed that. Nice photoshopping, by they way. That looks like a stamp brush. Ah, what I learned at the good ol' IMC/TLL.
I especially like "A good time was had by all." Meg knows that passive voice drives me nuts. We see this phrase pop up all the time. We don't understand why.
I think it must be used by...ahem...I think English teachers must use it as an example of bad passive voice, but apparently students think it has a nice ring to it.
A party is not a party without an inflatable bounce house these days. Most certainly, the bounce house was enjoyed by all.
In my Spanish classes we had chips y salsa con margaritas (virgin, of course), but no bounce house. Oh well, there's always next year.
Post a Comment