Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Blueberries" and Pendant Lamp


I made a goal earlier this year to make sure I always have a creative project in the works. It has been really satisfying. My job has been pretty stressful lately, so it has been nice to do something creative for a change of pace. We went blueberry picking a few months ago and I realized that Jane looks a lot like Sal from Blueberries for Sal. I'm kind of a cheapskate, so instead of using real art supplies I used a uniball ball-point pen. Actually, I used up three of them (not recommended).
This is a pendant lamp that I made out of some vellum. I made it a while ago, so I don't remember how to fold the paper anymore. I could pull it apart and find out, if anybody is interested. I found the light bulb setup at ikea in the "as-is" section for $2. It has been a nice lamp for bedtime stories.

I'm still not sure about the sand dollars on the wall. This room is in serious need of color. Meg has some really cool stuff picked out. She found some pretty sweet fabric for a duvet cover. It will be rad.

4 comments:

Maggie Muggins said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with the talent over at your house. Do you sell your artwork ever? By the way - one of my favorite sites for wall decor is www.whatisblik.com.

Brandon and Natalie said...

Amazing! I am so impressed. You have a great talent.

Jessica Brown said...

You did that with a ball point pen! Holy cow. That is a really cool piece of work. I love it. And the light is awesome.

Katie said...

I love Blueberries for Sal! That's such an awesome book. Nicely rendered here, too. And your vellum lamp is sweet! I hope you remember how you did it at some point.