Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

It started simply enough: a friend offered a skunk costume for Grey to wear. Jane wanted to dress up as Flora, her favorite fairy from Sleeping Beauty, but we had convinced her to be a flamingo because that would be easier to make. But when Jane saw Grey's skunk costume, she wanted one too. So we found one for Jane. Brad and I wanted to dress up, if we had a good idea, and thanks to Whitney for the inspiration, we became...

PUNKS & SKUNKS



the punks (here, dressed entirely from Meg's wardrobe. Yes, BOTH punks.)


the skunks


"li'l stinkers" (it says so on their costumes)

Halloween festivities this year stretched over a whole week. We had fun at our ward Halloween party on the 24th, shared a delicious pumpkin dinner with friends on Monday, went Trick or Treating at Brad's office and carved orange peppers on Thursday, and on Halloween went to a Halloween Playgroup (thanks, Cachet!) in the day and a party at the Shaw's (thanks Shaws!) that night.








ward party


first annual monster sugar cookies

All in all, we had a very fun holiday, and thankfully the sugar cookies, pumpkin cheesecake bars, and black hair dye are all nearly gone. And I'm pretty much over the fact that my husband can wear my pants.

10 comments:

lizzie said...

I ended up wearing Micah's pants for my Halloween costume. It was definitely a humbling experience. But I'm pretty much over it, too. Pretty much.

Katie said...

You crazy kids. I like your Final Cut shirt. :)

Lindsey said...

I love those lil skunks, so cute!
Thanks again for the fun playgroup party.

Greg said...

Cute, cute, cute! Those costumes! Those cookies!!

Jessica Brown said...

Those are the cutest punks, i mean skunks i've ever seen :)

Kalli said...

I love your costumes, and the monster cookies are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Carving orange peppers - so smart for little kids! The costumes are adorable.

Smelsha said...

Hmm, I think you guys make good punks! And ok, the skunks are pretty cute too! I'm dressing all my kids (when we have more) as the same thing for Halloween, it's too cute!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Love the costumes! It looks like you guys had a great Halloween.

Swenson Family said...

so fun- Jes loves watching the videos. Your kids are getting so big and I loved the picture of the two skunks together.