Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Kind of Like "Where's Waldo"

The year: 2002. It was the end of the summer after my freshman year at BYU. To wrap up the summer, a group of friends from high school went to a Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband concert at the Sandy City Amphitheater. My friend Jeff bought two of their CDs at the concert, then gave them to me when he left on his mission a month later.



The year: 2006. I pulled out the Live Ryan Shupe album and a picture of the audience caught my eye.



"Brad, did you ever go to a Ryan Shupe concert?" I asked.
He thought for a minute, then said, "Yeah. Why?"
I showed him the picture.

There he is, front and center. I had a picture of him a full two years before we got married, one year before I met him. I don't know if it means anything, but it sure made us laugh.

10 comments:

Denise Stears said...

Oh my gosh! That is so funny. How cool Brad you made the cover.

Unknown said...

Wow!

Katie said...

That is an awesome story! You guys were, like, totally meant to be. :)

lizzie said...

I love stories like this. Can I share ours? Good.

The Thanksgiving before we got married, Micah was at my house and we were looking at pictures from my past. There was one of me and my brother at the airport as he was about to fly with his MTC group to Japan. Micah was in his MTC group, so he was right there, probably just outside the frame of the photo. It was almost an awkward moment as we realized that we had practically met when I was a super-awkward, brace-face, bad-hairdo 14 year-old and he was going on his mission.

Good thing I grew up.

Lindsey said...

Good eye! That is really crazy. A story to be passed on to your children :)

Wendy said...

that is hilarious!

Jessica Brown said...

That is hillarious!

Smelsha said...

They probably picked that picture because everyone else is saying "Woooooo" or "Rock on banjo guy" but then there's that one kid, that one kid who you can see so well, the one kid who really stands out and what does he look like? He looks like he's seeing the Pope in concert or something. Completely in awe! That's why he made the album artwork. Nice work Bradford! May your album artwork debut live in glory!

Brandon and Natalie said...

That is pretty crazy!

. said...

wait, i can't find waldo, where is he again, did you point him out in this blog?