Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Adding Insult to Injury, and Vice Versa

Adding insult to injury is when you stay up late Saturday cramming two Sunday School lessons into one day's worth...and get too sick an hour later to even make it to church.
And when the stomach flu strikes your family a few precious days before Thanksgiving, Turkey day, a day of cooking and baking and hanging out you've been looking forward to for months.
And when the stomach flu strikes you just as you're maybe starting to enjoy jogging, one or two minutes at a time.
And when your three-year-old informs you she's Sally from "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," and you're Peppermint Patty.



Lest you worry, fret not for the Singleys. It's not so grim as this may seem. I find that studying the scriptures is always beneficial. And we will have our gluten-free Thanksgiving extravaganza, even if it's a day (or two) late. And I was only starting to enjoy 60 to 120 seconds of jogging slowly, which was probably a phase anyway. And while I am pretty sure I look nothing like Peppermint Patty, I might still consider having Jane call me "Sir."

3 comments:

faith said...

i hope you get better soon! being sick is miserable, especially right before thanksgiving, but really, it's miserable at any time when you have kids. my best to you all. and a happy thanksgiving!

Carolyn Ebert said...

It's going around-from Seattle to Salt Lake. I know Grandma had a bit of it yesterday and Harrison is getting over it now. Here's wishing you Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you can enjoy it!

Katie said...

Get Better Sooner! We all had that at different times a few weeks back. It made for a pretty awful time. I hope you are feeling better and get moving on your festivities. Have a great, late, Thanksgiving!