Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ode to the Pod

The Pod Hotel: our home away from home in Manhattan. It had a cool vibe, from the installation type video display in the lobby to the colors in the elevator, the chair in our room (knock off Eames or Bertoya, Brad knows), and the shower head in the bathroom.













I could touch the bathroom door from where I'm standing here.













Why didn't I take a picture of Brad in the elevator? I wish I had, now. I'm no Vanna.

And the location. Midtown. Blocks from St Patrick's cathedral, around the corner from Ess-a-Bagel and Buttercup Bake Shop (though we never ate there), and felt like we were just in the middle of everything.


























The room was tiny. They didn't call it a "pod" for nothing. Its size was definitely part of its New York charm. We are constantly amazed when we read about families who live in, say, 800 square feet, so it would have felt out of place and lavish to stay in anything bigger than our pod.

1 comment:

lizzie said...

I don't know, 800 sq. ft. sounds pretty big to me. It's more than 100 ft. more than we've got right now. :)

I love that it is called the Pod. We stayed at Hotel QT when we visited here years ago and thought it was pretty small, but I think your place beats QT.