Monday, August 23, 2010

flashback.























This is fun look at (even if it's blurry) for a couple reasons:
1, It is fun to remember what Jane looked like at 2 months (about flora's age now), &
2. This little girl starts kindergarten next week. We learned the final details just today--which school (there's a story, though it's boring), her teacher, her room number, her time (afternoon), her exact first day. I've been feeling so strong and nonchalant, but now it's really hitting me, in ways I anticipated and some that are surprising. Jane's old. I'm old. What if she gets hurt? What if she gets in a fight? (I'm not really worried about her fighting, but I still find myself asking, what if she does?) How long will it before she raises her hand in class and says something like, "I wonder when Heavenly Father created this karate house?" I didn't anticipate how exposed I would feel as a parent, but now we are entering an era where we will share some responsibility for shaping Jane with someone else, and they will see any quirks we have built into her.
Really I know everything will be fine. I also know I have to say that or I won't let Jane go--ever. Jane is ready and excited to start school. So it's time for us to take the leap into the public school system. At least we have one last week of summer. You can be sure we will fill it with some great last hurrahs.

3 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

KINDERGARTEN!!!?????

It can't be....

Good luck precious Jane.

Lindsey said...

I was just thinking, after school has been going for a little bit we should take the girls out for a little Kindergarten celebration! Something simple, what do you think?
I am feeling the exact same way about Jenna starting school. I can't wait to hear how Jane's first day goes.
I can't believe they are big enough, but you are right they are so ready!
Love Jane's baby pic, so cute!

Carolyn Ebert said...

oh, good luck! we went to back to school night for 4th grade to hear the teacher say, "just know that they may talk about me at home, but they talk about you at school!" fabulous :0