Saturday, January 26, 2008

Update on my Mom


My mom had surgery yesterday, and it was both bigger and better than we thought it would be. As a result, her recovery will probably be longer, but the surgeon said her cancer may also actually be cured after chemotherapy. This is a miracle and blessing that we didn't think possible, so we're enjoying such optimistic thoughts. Her life truly is in the Lord's hands and if it's not her time, we will still enjoy many years with her.
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, and thanks to those who have put her name in the temple. As far as I know, her name is in the Salt Lake, Bountiful, Jordan River, Provo, Manti, Jordan River and Los Angeles Temples. Brad and I were able to go to the temple last night, too, adding her name in the Seattle Temple as well. We feel buoyed up by faith and the peace we felt there last night.

9 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

You can add the Ogden Temple to your list. I went with some sisters from the ward on Wednesday (one of our Enrichment Groups) and she was in my thoughts and has been since. We are happy that the surgery went well and pray now that her recovery will be as quick and painless as possible. We love her so much! Hope all is going well for you and your little baby boy, too, during these next few weeks.

Paul said...

We wish your family the very best!
Paul & Chelsea

Katie said...

Oh, wonderful! I hope that all the good news keeps up. We'll keep her in our prayers.

Brianne said...

What great news!

In other good news... Jane should be reunited with her Hello Kitty this Sunday. My mom gave it to me and I gave it to Gordon and Carolyn today.

meg said...

jane will be happy to see hello kitty again. thanks brianne!

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best! Cancer is such a horrible disease to deal with!

Swenson Family said...

Meg, I am really really sorry to hear about your Mom. I am so glad her surgery went well. Your Mom is so sweet. Would she like visitor's? She was one of my favorite friend's moms. :) We will keep her and your family in our prayers. Love ya Meg.

Ellingsons said...

Wow, what a ride of emotions! I'm glad to hear that there is already a positive update. You obviously have so much support, love, and faith on your side. Those are the things that will keep you going at this time. We will keep you in our prayers.

meg said...

Thanks again for all the support, everyone. Ashley, that is so nice of you to say--my mom has always loved you, too. she's not up for visitors, but i'll definitely pass your wishes along. that will mean a lot to her.