Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Haircut, a Lovely Christmas Present, and a Game for You to Play

I never meant to build any suspense over my haircut, or to hide from anyone. Most of you have probably seen it now either in person or on facebook, but here's another picture of it anyway.
Also pictured: my new apron, courtesy of Brad's dear sister Cassie and her husband Mike. They made aprons for all four of us. We will have to post pictures of the rest--they range from adorable to borderline inappropriate, in a hilarious way.

Okay, so you may be thinking, "Oh, there's an oven on Meg's apron. That's cute because she loves to cook and bake." Cassie knows me well. However...

Yes, there is a little bun in that oven. Ta da! My reason for not posting pictures--and more--last fall is revealed. This bun will be done sometime in early June. I'm feeling better than I did. I still get tired, but I can handle that. I am very lucky when it comes to pregnancies.
So now, enter you, dear friends and family. This Wednesday, we will find out more about this new baby at my ultrasound. Hopefully, we will also find out if Jane's dream will come true and she is having a baby sister, or if Grey will have a little brother to bully and wrestle with. We are now taking guesses. Do you think we'll have a Charlie or a Lola, a Michael or a Lindsay, a Jason or a Justine? Put your guess in the comments in the form of a name--a boy's name if you think it's a boy, a girl's name if you think it's a girl. Who knows, you may also be choosing the name for this wee baby, so you if you have an opinion you should definitely comment. I will post the results on Wednesday.

21 comments:

Kelsey said...

Dang! Congratulations. When I told Paul he responded, "Those Singley's". Which means he's thrilled for you. :)

I vote girl and you should name her Gillian, at least that's what "The Baby Name Wizard" Recommends. Besides, it's kinda hippy, which is always goes over well in your neck of the woods.

Brad said...

Ha! I just looked over at Meg, and she is reading "The Baby Name Wizard" at this very moment. I love Paul's reaction.

Rob-O said...

Ha! Yay for you guys. I am not that creative at the moment but I vote for Lola.

faith said...

I saw the picture and "knew" you had a bun in the oven. :) How wonderful! And I'm glad you're feeling good.
As for my guess, I would say Linus because I love the name and think it fits (and I know we're never going to use it), but I'm going to go with Lucy.

Jill said...

Keylolo. K-E-Y-Lo-Lo.

If you know where that came from, you win!

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! And for Jane's sake, I hope it's a girl. Every girl needs a sister.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I like the apron.

I was reading...something...and the name RUBY stuck out to me. It's an "older" name but still beautiful!

So here's to another little princess! Here in Atlanta it's girl season...I wonder if it's the same in the West.

Lindsey said...

First, I am way impressed with your secret keeping capabilities with this being your first post about being prego :)
I know I've already told you guys, but Congrats!! Can't wait for Wednesday.
Adorable apron too. My vote is for Lola.

Brad said...

Jill,
Is that Keyshia Cole's nickname? That's all I could come up with.

Greg and Tammy said...

CONGRATS!!! And cute apron. :) I was a "bun in the oven" for Halloween one year when I was pregnant with Emma... and Greg dressed up as the "chef". tee hee.

I hope Jane gets a little sister.

hanner said...

i vote girl, for jane's sake! cute hair! and congrats!

Cassie Gadd said...

I'm excited for either. I just have a personal request to see pictures of the other aprons! I meant to get pictures of all of you in them, but I have no record of even making them!

Ashley said...

Yay!!! Congrats. I say a sweet baby sister!

Ellingsons said...

Ian or Isaac, but hopefully not both. :) Yeah...so happy for you guys!

Traci said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

D.Jones said...

saweet! You're having a baby! How fun! I think it is going to be.....a girl. I'll give Jane credit for her dream. Plus girls are fun fun fun! So, I go with a Lola!

And, I love the hair. So cute. Makes me want to cut my hair short again.

Kristin said...

I'm late to join this party - but I'm thinking it will be a BOY and his name should be Blue...in sticking with the originality of Grey's name.

Mindy said...

Yay! That's so exciting! For Jane's sake, I hope its a girl.

lizzie said...

Is it too late to guess? I'm going with a Charlie. Congrats on the baby and the haircut looks great. :)

Natalie said...

I'm probably too late too guess too! But congrats and I'm guessing boy. I can't come up with a cute name right now except that two families in my ward are planning on naming their boys Rocky. Not sure if it's cute or weird (especially cause we're in Philly). Anyway... let us know :)

Wendy said...

congrats! i think it is a Melvin

Kami said...

I think it is Lola!!!