Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Patterns

I told Jane I wanted to make a pattern to reveal our big news, and she said, "What's a pattern?" I told her it's when things go in a certain order and are organized. One of the things on my mind this whole time as we've waited for the ultra-sound: what kind of pattern will our family have? We know with three kids we are tipping the scale slightly, one way or the other. But with five people, three to two isn't so unbalanced. And as we decided with Jane, we win either way--either she gets "a funny brother" (apparently all brothers are funny) or "a cute sister."
First off, we are so relieved to know for sure that the baby is perfectly healthy, measuring at about 13 ounces and looking great. If nothing else, I am more amazed now by the miracle of life and good health than I was the first time around. I would have thought I would be more adjusted to that idea, but I really just feel so grateful that so far, ten fingers, ten toes, a sound brain, and a healthy heart, and everything else as it should be.
Second, what is the pattern of our family from this point?

GIRL | BOY | GIRL

When we told Jane she said, "I knew it all along!" after jumping up and down, of course. We can get Grey to repeat, "baby girl, baby sister," but are sure he'll remain happily oblivious for the next few months. And Brad and I are excited for another baby girl summer.
Thanks for playing along, by the way--it was nice to have some entertainment and good vibes these last few days. Sha la la la.

14 comments:

Cassie Gadd said...

Obviously it's a girl. Summer baby, right?

jamie t. said...

That is great! Congrats

Rich said...

Congrats, Singleys. Can't wait to see Lola (that was a real suggestion, right?)

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congratulations!! I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy.

faith said...

That is wonderful. Congratulations. I'm glad baby girl is healthy. It really is a miracle how everything works so well.

faith said...

p.s. cute hair, meg! i forgot to mention that before.

D.Jones said...

oh, a baby girl! Congrats! That is great!

kathy w. said...

Hooray! Congrats! Baby girls (I'm assuming, as I won't have one myself until March) are the best.

Anonymous said...

That's great - I'm glad she's healthy (and you, too)!

Lindsey said...

So happy for you guys!

Jessica Brown said...

Yea congratulations. I'm so excited for you guys! Cute hair too!

meg said...

haha, summer baby. why didn't we know it before?

Katie said...

Hurray! Hurray! Little baby girls are awesome! Congrats you guys!

Carolyn Ebert said...

love sisters! so happy jane is going to have one.