We are expecting in June.
Another "Singley"* is expecting in August.
And another "Singley"* was born this week(!)
We wish we could meet Abel in person--in the meantime, please admire this guy with us:

And no, we have not forgotten our darling niece (our first niece since we are parents to the only other granddaughter). She was born in 2009, the first of the Singley baby boom--4 in nine months. Considering at Christmas we had five kids total, four is pretty big.

Oh Isla. You're just cuter and cuter all the time.
Meanwhile, my cousin's expecting (adding to the two darling boys in their extended family), which will bring the grand total of great grandchildren in the "Jensen" family to seven by this summer.
And that's just babies in the family.
I have had three baby showers this week. I have at least seven friends expecting wee ones this spring or summer. I have never been part of such a big pregnant club ever. It's awesome.
So here's to all the babies who have come, or are coming, or will yet come (it's not too late) in 2010.
Does anyone else feel like they know a lot of pregnant people? More than usual?
*Last names have changed due to marriage, so these babies aren't named Singley. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I have had three baby showers this week. I have at least seven friends expecting wee ones this spring or summer. I have never been part of such a big pregnant club ever. It's awesome.
So here's to all the babies who have come, or are coming, or will yet come (it's not too late) in 2010.
Does anyone else feel like they know a lot of pregnant people? More than usual?
*Last names have changed due to marriage, so these babies aren't named Singley. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
4 comments:
I just had a baby on Jan. 15th. My sister is expecting a baby in June and four of sisters-in-law have had or will have a baby in 2010. And I know about 30 (yes 30) people who are having babies this year! Crazy but wonderful!
There are lots of girls (well, women) in our ward who are having babies this year, but there are always lots of women in our ward having babies.
I seem to be out of sync with the baby boomlets. I'd love to be pregnant with everyone else in the world, but that's not going to happen in 2010. :)
I do feel surrounded by pregnant woman, at church, at yoga, friends across the country!! Wow!! Unfortunately, I don't think 2010 will be my year. Hope you are feeling well.
Congrats! I am due July 14th! Boy! what are you guys having?
Post a Comment