Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What to do when you've taken 1000 pictures in two months?

Seriously, 1000+ already? Considering I haven't felt like I'm using the new camera enough, this is especially mind-blowing.
These are pictures from hanging around our apartment. The kids and I especially spend quite a bit of time here.
We have all kinds of adventures.
Adventures culinary:
We had to start keeping the peanut butter up high; otherwise one would get it out and the other would come over with a spoon.
"washing" dishes (Jane actually does wash dishes; Grey tries to help or plays with the water.

Adventures artistic:
Grey's storm collage (preschool activity; he ripped his apart for some reason--either a toddler reason or a boy reason, I think)
Jane's storm collage (cotton clouds, sun, foil lightning; Jane's also includes a glitter glue fish, who is being "protected" from the storm by a cotton ball.)
Jane's Santa advent preschool project. We about 10 days before Christmas, and she filled in her advent herself--covering the cute eyes and nose she drew for Santa.
Jane loved this painting Brad did of some dahlias I had in the fall. It just needed a little something--aha! rocks and glitter glue. Perfect.

Adventures dressing up:
to "play in the snow"
as "Word Girl" (modeling the happy/sad masks we also made in preschool)
the kids placed their facia features; I helped Grey glue.


Adventures musical:
We now have three mandolins in the family. Grey calls his a "vylin." Jane likes to carry hers around in the case and ask Brad casually, "you need a cowgirl?" then she gets her out and plays a bit, then puts it away, and repeats.

playing the Pink Robot game. Grey is getting pretty good at talking like a "wobot," and recognizes his robot counterpart in the game. He also gets excited when he sees the pink wobot, "Jane!"
Not pictured here, at least:
cooking in our awesome Christmas-gift aprons (still working on that photo, Cass); wrestling on mommy and daddy's bed; Reading Babar stories; eating yogurt (this is seriously their favorite food); watching the Olympics; and making granola.
Life is good.

1 comment:

faith said...

What fun adventures! Your kids look like they're always having a good time.
And I think I've said this before, but we love the pink robot game! Benny is always asking to play it.