Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hungry Hungry Grey

The way this boy wants to eat reminds me of the hippo game of yore. We can put all kinds of food in front of him and he will eat it happily, then say, "I hungee, mom."
In the mornings he comes in and crawls into bed with us and says politely, "I hungee, mom. I hungee, daddy."
He also has a great memory for food. At his two-year checkup this morning he kept saying, "I hungee for tweat, mom." Over and over. When we were all finished he was very excited to go choose a sucker--just as he did six months ago. He carried his prize proudly, saying, "I have tweat, mom." Hungry as he may have been, he waited patiently until we were in the van and he was buckled into his seat.
Now I have to go make dinner and answer Grey's requests for "help." He just came over with a can of "tiny baby owanges" and the can opener. "Watch dis, mom," he says. Unsuccessful, he walks away and I hear more shuffling from the kitchen.
Grey is officially better. His appetite is back.

1 comment:

faith said...

I had forgotten that Grey and Andy are only a couple of days apart. I love hearing about all the things Grey does. He sounds like such a great kid.
Andy has an affinity for what he calls "Baby Orrr" (clementines). I thought the similarity was kind-of funny.
I wish we lived closer.