Friday, February 12, 2010

Grey is Two

That's right, our little guy turned two this week. We can't believe it, even though it seems like he's been around forever. He's so sweet, and so funny. It seemed fitting to take two days to celebrate.
On his birthday, Grey woke up to this
Isn't it awesome? Brad made it in a couple of hours from an appliance box (Thanks, Chad.) The kids have had a blast in it all week.
Jane had preschool and Brad had work, so I took the little guy out, just the two of us. Grey missed Jane, but he was happy to "go do something fun." Grey loves airplanes, so it seemed perfect to go for a walk by the Renton Airport. And it was even better than I thought. I didn't realize the trail would take us between the airport and one of the many Boeing plants. It just happens to be part of the plant where they test the jets. It was awesome.
Grey looking at jets, his favorite.
"how old are you?" he is still confused about that. Jane and I have had lengthy conversations with him to convince him he is two now, not one. He doesn't even believe Brad.

the boy and his "dd." Wondering about the lack of enthusiasm? I kind of was.

His hands were pretty cold by the end, and he simply said, "I ahnna go home." So we did. We cuddled on the couch for a bit, then played the "Pink Wobot." It was fun to spend time just with him.
He liked it too, but on our way to pick up Jane he said, "I asited (excited), mommy!" Both kids were excited to find out we would eat lunch with Brad at a "restaurant."
After lots of chips and nachos at Baja Fresh (the one near the hospital where G was born, as Brad mentioned), we came home. And Grey took a nap, as usual. When he woke up, though, it was more clear that he wasn't feeling well. I was just getting ready to make his cake when I heard a suspicious sound. I found Grey, looking a little freaked out. The poor boy threw up on his birthday.
Needless to say, we've waited on the cake.
The rest of the day looked something like this
He has been up and down all week, but thankfully his best friend has been at his side. Jane and Grey are very close right now and rarely fight. She likes to take care of him and get him food to eat. Grey has also had fun presents to open (thanks grandparents!). He really likes his house, too.

And when he is all better, we will eat chocolate cake. And pizza. And continue to try to convince him he is two.

6 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Grey!!! Sounds like a fun day (minus the throw up!).

Kelsey said...

I LOVE that house you made, very impressive. The flowers were a nice touch that I hope Grey appreciated.

Your kids playing together gives me hope that someday Macey and Miles will entertain each other. Currently Macey is working on coming within a two foot radius of Miles, she's gets a little closer each week.

Susan said...

Meg,
That was a great post. Loved the house. You guys are great. Give hugs and kisses to my grandkids form me please.

Ellingsons said...

How'd our baby boys grow up so quickly? That house is seriously so cool. I want one for my birthday - for the kids of course, so they can lost in it for a couple of hours.

Carolyn Ebert said...

happy birthday grey-simply adorable!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I love the house Brad made. How wonderful to have kids that play so well together and care for one another. Too bad Grey had to be sick on his birthday. He is such a cute little guy.