Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Millions of Peaches

We have a new favorite band around here after enjoying a live show. It was a lively crowd, for a library anyway, and the kids were entranced. Last week for family night we sat about 10 feet away from Chris Ballew and his band Caspar Babypants. Chris Ballew of the Presidents of the United States of America? you're probably asking yourself. And we're nodding. And his kids music is awesome. and he plays the melodica. And just when you think it couldn't get any better, you see his keyboard player dance (whilst playing) during "Baby Bear." And then, to top it all off, they have some of the funnest music videos around.

So here we are two weeks later, watching Babypants videos on youtube and randomly singing this: "Poor little broken truck--"
just to hear Jane or Grey chime in with:
"ba beep beep!"
"Ran all out of gas" we sing on
"and got stuck," Jane and Grey finish.

more videos here.

3 comments:

hanner said...

i really want a melodica! it's a recent desire.

Rob-O said...

Wow these are great. What fun songs! Thanks for sharing this. I think I will get these for myself when I am in a juvenile mood and for whenever I have little ones around.

Whitney said...

Much better than the They Might Be Giants kids songs, which all sound the same. Thanks for introducing these to us!