Friday, April 2, 2010

Here's Hoping We don't Throw Up this Weekend

I associate General Conference weekend with: 1. egg salad sandwiches and chocolate milk shakes (a Singley tradition that goes back at least two generations). 2. Spring Cleaning. 3. A trip to IKEA. 4. Throwing up or having someone in the house throw up. Jane has thrown up twice during general conference weekend since we have lived here: once from coughing to hard (in the car on the way home from IKEA) and once in the van while we were crossing Lake Washington on I-90.
I think we'll stay home this year.

I associate Easter with: 1. Peep Show. 2. Dating "my friend" Brad. 3. A feast of ham, asparagus, cheesy potatoes and a fruit dessert. 4. Peep Show. 5. Coloring Easter eggs. 6. Easter clothes for the kids.
So what to do when the two weekends collide? Put your hands together.
What are you doing this magical combined weekend? What are you doing for Easter?

6 comments:

Cassie Gadd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie Gadd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie Gadd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn Ebert said...

Enjoying every minute of it-picking out Easter candy, watching The Ten Commandments, Priesthood Session at the Conference Center with men-only dinner after, Sunday morning breakfast-crepes & German pancakes, conference in our pjs, and searching for Easter baskets. I love everything about this! Now it's Gaby finally getting to wear her Easter dress to Grandma's for Easter dinner and an egg hunt. The best of all? We're on spring break all thus week, so I'm not getting up at 6:30 :). Happy Easter to you guys!

k nelle said...

I hope the throwing up was indeed left out! However, it seems that the two weekends might collide rather gracefully...
This year we dyed eggs. Then used them for egg salad sandwiches. How's that for efficient?
Happy Easter!

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Everyone came to our house (my kids and spouses and grandkids, except for Morian and Kirsta, who went to his mom's). Kayley and Paul actually came up on Saturday and we watched conference and ate leftovers. Sunday morning, we had cinnamon streusel muffins and donuts (weird combo, I know) and misc. other things, then after the first session of conference, Ethan, Lena, Galina, and Jasper came over. We watched the next session, then had turkey and cranberries (K & P brought that), potato casserole and homemade rolls (me), asparagus with bacon and pearl onions (Maren), and a nice green salad (E & L). As the Easter bunny doesn't really come to our house any more, we just munched on some Easter candy from the store and enjoyed Conference, then played some games and ate some strawberries. It was nice to be together.