
Jane in her "princess" dress and "glass slippers"
On Sunday I wanted to watch a Christmas movie with Jane while Brad went home teaching. I found that we have a dismal selection of Christmas movies--Trapped in Paradise, starring Nicholas Cage, Dana Carvey, and Jon Lovitz, which isn't exactly a kids movie--and the anniversary edition of Mr. Krueger's Christmas. (Of course we have a copy of Whitey's special, as well, but I can't watch that without Brad. It would just be wrong). I wondered what Jane would think about Mr Krueger's Christmas. Would she get bored? Would she beg for Strawberry Shortcake? Would she enjoy it at all?
She did. She loved it. When it finished, she said, "Again?"
I enjoyed it too. James Stewart is one of the finest actors in history, I believe, and if you haven't rediscovered this Christmas classic yet, I high recommend it. It's especially sweet to watch with little kids.
The following trivia comes courtesy of imdb.com.
- James Stewart approached the scene where Mr. Krueger talks to the infant Jesus very seriously. Before filming this scene, he told the producer Michael McLean, "I've got only one of these in me. Everyone who doesn't need to be here, get them out. Tell them I want this to go well. I can do other takes, but this will be the right one. There will only be one." After the scene was finished, McLean asked the cameraman, "Did you get it?" "I hope so," was the reply, "because I was crying."
- The scene where the Mormon Tabernacle Choir starts clapping and gives Willy Krueger a standing ovation was the actual reaction of the Choir to James Stewart's directing. It was a total surprise and completely unscripted.
1 comment:
M a r v e l o u s !
Post a Comment