Sunday, December 16, 2007

Whitey McWhites Christmas

I have always loved lame Christmas movies. We watched so many stupid made-for-tv Christmas movies when I was a kid. I still remember most of them. How about this little gem:



As soon as we pulled out the Christmas decorations, we would rummage through our drawers of VHS tapes and pull out all of our Christmas movies we had recorded off of TV. One of these videos was an Andy Williams Christmas special featuring the NBC kids (cosby show, facts of life, silver spoons, gimme a break, punky brewster). We knew all the songs and we loved this movie.

It wasn't until we were a little older that we discovered Punky Brewster's friend Allen (far right).



It wasn't that we hadn't seen him before. He just got lost among all the other kids with actual speaking parts. We gave him the nickname "Whitey McWhites" because he's possibly the whitest kid I've ever seen. Just watch the videos and you'll see why he's my favorite. It may take a few times until you can appreciate the nuances between Whitey and his singing counterparts. I believe his moves in the second video have even inspired some aerobics routines. Enjoy.



5 comments:

. said...

couldnt get more than half way through the first vid

Ellis said...

Boy, he's having a good time there in the back.

faith said...

and i can definitely see why joey lawrence did so well on dancing with the stars. :) thanks for sharing, brad. i don't think christmas will ever be the same for me.

faith said...

and really, who doesn't love 'a very brady christmas'? one of my favorites!

jamie t. said...

cheesy.... scary. those are the only things that come to mind. Thanks for sharing! :)