Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sketching again



I started sketching again recently. I usually make 2 or 3 sketches a year, but I'm trying to do more lately. I made an amazing discovery, it's called sketching paper. All these years I've done most of my sketching on computer paper. I was surprised to see how much easier this stuff is to sketch on. Meg still makes fun of me for using a cheap-o mechanical pencil.

This is from our trip to the pumpkin patch. It cracks me up every time I see it.

Speaking of picking up old hobbies, Meg has been playing her violin again recently. She just played in a multi-stake orchestra for a production of Handel's Messiah. The vocal soloists were all accomplished opera singers, so they sounded amazing.It was fun to hear Meg play so well after only a few weeks of practice. Jane loved watching her practice. She held her toy guitar up to her chin and everything.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Really good likeness. I'm impressed.
I also love your darling subject.
MOM

Greg said...

You guys are all three amazing. Here's one for each of you: !!!

jamie t. said...

very impressive. I don't have any talents so I appreciate others very much!

. said...

you guys are two peas in a pod, i love it

Brandon and Natalie said...

Such a great picture! I am very impressed!

Paul said...

Brad, I never knew that you sketched with such talent, and I often saw you class notes and I don't remember any doodles.