Friday, March 14, 2008

Bad Guy


BadGuy from Bladford Shingley on Vimeo.

For those who don't know about Bad Guy, here's how he's evolved over the past few months:

A few months ago, I started playing a little game with Jane. I pretend to be a bad guy chasing her around the house. I catch her and she says "Help me! I have to get away!" Then I maniacally rub my hands together while delivering a villainous monologue about how evil I am. That's when Jane breaks free and runs to safety.

A few nights later, Jane decided to see if she could squeeze through a small opening in the rocking chair. She got stuck and started yelling for help. I tried to pull her out, but her head would not go back through. Luckily we were able to fit her whole body through the hole. The next day I heard her in her room saying, "Help me. I'm stuck! A bad guy got me! " I went into her room and she had her foot in the rocking chair. She was pretending the chair was a bad guy.

Bad Guy then became her invisible friend. She would run around the apartment saying "Ahhh! Let me go!" It wasn't long before we started hearing bad guy talk. He has a much lower voice than Jane, and he sticks his lips way out when he talks.

They must have worked out their differences, because they started to become good friends. I would go into her room and hear a conversation like this:

J: Hey bad guy, do you want to play with crayons?
BG: No, I don't want to.
J: Why not, Bad Guy? It will be fun!
BG: No it won't!
J: OK Bad Guy, you don't have to play.
BG: Well, maybe we could play with these toys.
J: Good idea. Thanks for sharing, Bad Guy.
BG: You're welcome.

He stopped being bad. He just started being kind of boring and negative. The funny thing is that Jane can usually turn his negativity around. It's great to see how she responds to her friend who never wants to do anything fun.

I think she's starting to rub off on him. Now, if you ask bad guy what he likes to do, he says "I like to dance." He's been working a lot lately, but he's still around quite often.

Jane now has another invisible friend named Two-Jane. I try not to pay attention to Two-Jane because she has an obnoxiously high voice. Hopefully she'll find a job far away from here.

23 comments:

cassie said...

That kills me! That is my favorite. What a funny kid!

Susan said...

You did a good job at capturing bad guy at his best. That was a great editing job Brad. What a cute kid.

Ellis said...

"Bad Guy, you wanna play... wanna play with us?"

"Nooo."

"Okay, come on. I'll help you."

That cracks me up. This is so funny.

Unknown said...

Meg, I don't know if you remember me from the married ward in Provo. Your family is beautiful, and Jane is sooo cute. Hilarious!

micah said...

I thought that that was great. I can't wait until Simon starts talking to himself. Or should I say, in English.

Jodie said...

Oh that's awesome. What a hilarious video!! And I'm dying to know if most of that was filmed on the same day or if Jane loves wearing that princess dress. :)

jamie t. said...

So cute! What an imagination she has. I love the love voice. She must make you smile. She's a doll

jamie t. said...

low voice :) I mean. It does sound a little low and suductive though so I guess it could be a love voice.

faith said...

what a cutie! that's a great video. i love when the hat falls off and jane says, "but you like it!" aren't kids the greatest? :)

Greg said...

A classic among classics. If Bad Guy ever runs for office, this video will get him elected.

Kalli said...

Oh my gosh, how cute!! That was awesome!

Lindsey said...

that video is great!! Jane is so creative, hopefully some of it will rub off on Jenna! :)

Denise Stears said...

That is so funny. She has quite the imagination. I love how her voice changes for "Bad Guy". She speaks really well too. She must be very entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! She is so cute and creative. I like that she has a voice for Bad Guy and that it's so natural. You guys have the funnest things posted on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica Brown said...

Ha ha ha haha! That was so funny! regrettably I haven't laughed out loud in a really long time like that, but that one made me laugh out loud! Thanks for posting Bad guy! I'm glad he was willing to go live.

Greg and Tammy said...

Hysterical story! What a cute little girl Jane is! And I love all the pics and stories of Grey. He is such a darling baby! I'm glad he's been good for you! We get geckos around our part of the country... but I think I'd actually prefer the frogs. :)

Kayley said...

Jane is so cute! I can't believe how much she is talking. Thanks for sharing such fun videos. Hey- Paul and I were thinking of coming to visit you in July, like the last week or so..somewhere around there--would that work? I'll talk to you more about that later.

Brandon and Natalie said...

How cute! She cracks me up!

Katie said...

Oh, my sweet goodness! Jane is a piece of work! Absolutely hilarious. So, very, very funny.

. said...

the best part is when meg matter-of-factly says "so jane and bad guy have always had an up and down relationship" and then it cuts to janer saying "bad guy is bad and nice and bad and nice and bad...." hahahaha!!!!!!

Smelsha said...

Hilarious! She'll be so glad you caught that all on film (and edited it so nicely as well). When the music started, I LOL'ed! Too cute!

Tamilisa said...

Wow. This was so funny! I like how the video was put together too. How fun!!!

Greg said...

"Bad Guy" holds up real well, a classic among classics. :-)