I was walking up a path with Jane and had no idea what this nice, older gentleman was talking about. We weren't allowed to walk up the path? We were in trouble for falling behind the group? We were wearing t-shirts and the sun wasn't out? I was completely stumped by why this orange-vested man was blocking our way.
Turns out Jane is too young to take to the golf course. Jane and I had walked across the street with Brad to meet some of his coworkers at their annual golf tournament. We had fallen behind while following them to the second hole--after which I was planning to leave anyway--when we were stopped by the course security guy. Something about safety...he then pointed to a group of guys and said, "These guys don't hit straight and you never know where the ball will go." He then drove us to the curb in his golf cart, and all we could do was wave to Brad and his group as we passed.
It really was too bad--Jane laughed every time someone teed off, and was devastated when she didn't get a chance to play. We will just have to take her back in 4 years when she is old enough to play herself. It's also too bad Brad didn't have a camera to capture Jane waving from the golf cart. Priceless.
The upside...I rode in a golf cart for the first time. I liked it, but I would still rather walk the course.
June Lately...
4 weeks ago
3 comments:
Totally lame! I mean really what are the chances of a little 30 pound, 2 foot tot getting hit by a golf ball? I'm sure you could see it coming in time to cover her or move her. Some people have some nerve. I'm glad you enjoyed your cart ride!
At least the guy was nice about it--I mostly thought it was funny. I think they don't want little kids running around the golf course, and really, I don't blame them. It was actually amazing that Jane behaved as well as she did.
do you guys live near snohomish SP? We'll be there this week-end! Just wondering
Post a Comment