I saw an announcement for an animation contest recently, and I decided to enter. The contest itself sounds kind of lame, but the prize includes Adobe CS4 and tuition toward classes at the Art Institute of Seattle. That's enough incentive for me.
The contest is for the local CW network affiliate. They are searching for "Puget Sound's next Animation Hero." I'm pretty sure they mean "animated hero", but that is beside the point. Anyhow, if anybody has any creative ideas for the character or story, I'd love to hear them! I'm not really into comics or anything, so this should be a great challenge. Here's a few random ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
Giant squid that lives under the Tacoma Narrows bridge (villain)
Freemont bridge troll (wise mentor)
Sasquatch (sidekick)
Gasworks Park
Space Needle
Mount Rainier
June Lately...
4 weeks ago
5 comments:
If I gave you my ideas, I wouldn't win the contest. It's not that I don't have any ideas. I have tons of ideas. You wouldn't even believe how many I have swimming around in my head.
A nervous (jumpy) salmon that lives on coffee. A nearsighted seagull. Puget, the boxing seal.
those are great images. i especially like the salmon. maybe the hero is part salmon, and he's always feeling pulled to make his journey home. maybe he has this secret and we don't what it is until near the end of the adventure. sleek zeke. don't mind me, just brainstorming here...
i do think coffee has to factor in somehow. maybe puget the boxing seal is a sort of "instant" fighter, or a weapon--just add coffee.
maybe there's a mermaid somewhere, in danger (i'm thinking starbucks logo here, too corporate? i don't want brad to sell out...) =)
I want to hear Susan's ideas - I bet they're creative. All I could come up with were a pair of salmon named Seattle Sam and his gal Sal who befriend a lost whale named Wally - they should have a contest for the most lame characters and maybe I'd win. Come on, Susan, give us a few.
Dogs, maybe a whole pack of them, since EVERYONE up here has a dog. You like dags? A crab might make a good sidekick-type character. A large doug fir for another advisor/sage character. Snoqualmie Falls, Mt. Rainier/St. Helens for scenery in the background of a shot. The Tacoma Dome/Qwest Field/Safeco Field/Ft. Lewis/McChord AFB for a hideout/lair/fortress. The shipyard over in Bremerton (don't know what you could do with it, but it's an interesting place). That's my two bits. Good luck!
Post a Comment