Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Achieved Digital Self-Sufficiency at i.m.c.

I was going through some sentimental odds and ends (we actually have a file folder called "sentimental", what do you make of that?) and came upon these:


property of the imc and I achieved digital self-sufficiency at the imc stickers.

I also found an award I won--"All Grown Up--for the former kid sister of the imc."
The IMC (Instructional Media Center) was a multimedia lab whose aim was to help professors use technology in their classrooms. I worked there for three years, most of my college career. I owe so much to the time I spent there. When I started, I knew basically nothing about computers. I learned so much from my coworkers; they really were kind of "big brothers" to me. So here's to you, my IMC pals. And the best white elephant parties, pot lucks, staff meetings, experimental films, name tags, computer names, flash games, design/tech debates, and tracker tickets ever.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Nice! I want one

Ah the good old days

Katie said...

I wish I had achieved digital self-sufficiency! That would have been awesome. Ya, I'm pretty sure that was the best job ever. I won the "awesome shoe" award, probably one of my proudest moments. Good times.

Ellis said...

That's awesome. Yeah, I accidentally got that job actually. So glad that I did.