Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I thought it would be funny to look at a few Valentines from years past. In 2004, Meg lived across the street from me in Provo, Utah. A few days before Valentines Day she knocked on my door and left a valentine (I later found out that she gave them to dozens of people). It was a great valentine, and I thought to myself, "This is one cool girl."

(image courtesy of explodingdog.com)

I responded with this Valentine (yes, I ripped it off from Ralph Wiggum):


Days later, I took off with my buddy Mike to go climbing in St. George. We had a great time. On our way home, we turned on the radio to find some music. We only got two stations, and they were both playing love songs non-stop. We eventually realized that it was Valentines Day, and that we were losers with no girlfriends. We embraced the fact, and spent the rest of the drive belting out romantic songs with occasional interjections by Delilah.

A few years later, I made this card to commemorate the event. Of course, I'm too much of a slacker to actually find a stamp and send the thing. This is for you Mike:



Two years ago, Meg made me a box with a long string of quotes and photos inside.


Last year, we were pretty excited to have Grey in our family. Jane loved him from the beginning.



I'm too lazy to make one this year, but Happy Valentines Day anyway.

4 comments:

jamie t. said...

Nice!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Love all the cards. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Carolyn Ebert said...

we agree that meg is one cool chick, but will add that brad is one rad dad...

xoxo for the munchkins from great aunt c (whoa, not sure i can handle the geriatric sound of that)

Katie said...

You guys are so cute. It's almost sickening. But in a good way.